Friday, July 13, 2007

Life is full of surprises...heard that before and often, I suppose!! Well how many have you heard of Accra? Its the capital of Ghana. Did this kindle rememberance of Geography? Forgive me for doubting your knowledge(for those who answered correctly). Well I was one of those...who didnt get it right. All I could recollect was that Ghana is a country located in Africa...I had absolutely no clue to which part of Africa. As usual I reffered to google(did i hear somebdy say what we would have done without google).

Well all's well and google was there and their was the criteria "Ghana"...bingo!!...Lemme cut down on the intro and come down to reality...

I've just completed 5th month of my stay in Accra. The day I 1st set my foot on this soil, was 18 OCT 2006. This was my first independent visit to foreign soil. And to add to the woes I had travelled alone (software can land u anywhere mate...) Fortunetly everything went well at clearance and I found the hotel driver holding my nametag. I cudnt resist...why does everyone smile so much?... popped the question! Is it because at a de-embargation port, to show hospitality? His smile vanished!! I was cursing my IF Else habbit(adding a answer to a question). I repeated the question...the smile was back...on both our faces). He replied, we .........Ghanians are....... we.......outsiders.....

To be continued...

No comments: